Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

My mistress

WeedsImage by Thomas Hawk via Flickr

When I get into the deepest of depressions
I begin to ask the deepest of questions
Saturday nights in the deepest reflection
Seems like I’m stuck in my deepest inception

Questions in my head of reality and existence
Keep returning to me with the perfect persistence
I tried to keep em away by keeping my distance
Still no answer, so I bring em to my mistress

She answers my questions, and holds my head high
I embrace her mind as well as her inner thigh
She grabs hold of my back, with her wings I can fly
But no matter how high we get, we still can’t past the sky

And even when failure is sure to be shown
I’d rather fail to fly than to never have flown
I know they say to leave my mistress alone
But Id rather grow old with her then to never have grown

She floats my boat when others would sink
She opens my eyes when others would blink
She captivates my mind when others struggle to think
She leads me to the fountain when others struggle to drink

And even when hatred is sure to be there
I’d rather breathe through her heart than to breathe fresh air
I’d rather love her dearly then to pretend I care
I’d rather shine with her then to watch the glare

She shows me the darkness and what they hide from the light
She shows me the real truth, not what the masses deemed right
She showed me true vision when television polluted my sight
She gave me true confidence when I entered this fight

And even when my thoughts are nowhere around
I’d rather loose them with her than for them ever be found
I don’t care if my other friends aren’t down
I’d rather get high with her then to stay on the ground
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment